Aged Care Education Videos
Aged Care Education Videos
Mental Health Matters: Recognising a Resident with Depression or Anxiety
Thursday 4 November 2021
- Stephanie Farquharson, Mental Health Practitioner.
- Tilu Philip, Registered Nurse from the Anglicare Emotional Wellbeing for Older Persons Team.
Healthy Ageing and Frailty Webinar: Do You Know How to Make a Difference?
Thursday 26 August 2021
This webinar covered assessment of older people in order to understand the impact of frailty on patients and how early identification and targeted intervention can reduce frailty. This will help you make a difference to avoid inappropriate hospital admissions, keep people well and at home for longer and reduce their need for RACF placement. This education session will discuss a simple frailty screening tool and how you can make a difference to address the reversible contributing factors of frailty in your day to day practice. You will learn, its “never too late to build muscle!”
- Professor Sue Kurrle, GeriaTtrician, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, and Director, Staff Specialist and Geriatrician at Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital and Community Services.
- Dr Chris Bollen, is a general Practitioner in South Australia and was Director GP Training at Queen Elizabeth Hospital for 12 years. He is the director of BMP Healthcare Consulting, helping organisations to deliver safe and effective care. Areas of expertise include systems for chronic disease management, doctors’ health, care of older people, the primary health care/community/hospital interfaces, quality improvement and change leadership.
- Jane Bollen, Registered Nurse, has worked as a general practice nurse in Adelaide for the past 10 years. Jane set up a Healthy Ageing Clinic at her practice with the aim to deliver more planned and structured care, use GP and nurse time more effectively, and to give enhanced access to those patients facing barriers to care.
Navigating Frailty and Aged Care – Guiding Patients and their Families through Available Services
Wednesday 7 July 2021
- A new local Specialist Geriatric Outreach service to support general practice.
- The launch of our new Frailty screening app.
- How to utilise the new HealthNavigators service to help you find local services.
- General tips on the management of frail and older people and local aged care service navigation.
- Dr Yog Chopra, Staff Specialist Geriatric & General Medicine, Hornsby Ku-Ring-Gai Hospital.
- Dr Praveenn (Prav) Sivabalan, Geriatrician, Royal North Shore Hospital.
- Dr Linda Xu, Geriatrician and General Physician.
- Omar Haidar, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Uniting Nth Sydney Home and Community Care.
- Jane Meccelli, Social Worker and Relationships Manager, Yourside.
- Video from Dr Gillian Meyer, Geriatrician, Mona Vale Geriatric Evaluation and Management (GEM) Unit.
Sydney North Older Persons Network What are Compassionate Communities and Compassionate Cities?
Thursday 13 May 2021
Dr Stephen Ginsborg, General Practitioner.
Breaking News! Royal Commission into Aged Care Report to be Released – Let’s Talk About it
Wednesday 10 March 2021
- De Stephen Ginsborg.
- Marika Kontellis.
Dementia Webinar: Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms Associated with Dementia
Thursday 24 September 2020
Dr Allan Shell, Academic GP and Visiting Fellow (UNSW Australia).
Click here to review the presentation.
Sydney North Older Persons Network – Suicide in Late Life: The Impact of COVID-19
Wednesday 26 August 2020
Management of Responsive Behaviours (BPSD’s)
Wednesday 2 October 2019