This document has been compiled as a guide only to medical related apps available on the internet.
The apps in this document are not under the control of Sydney North Health Network. Therefore, although we strive to keep this document up-to-date, we cannot guarantee the veracity of this information. Sydney North Health Network does not endorse these apps and is not responsible for any material on, or linked to from these apps.
Medical professionals should always exercise professional judgment before referring a patient to an app, or using an app in their day-to-day consultation.
For further guidance as to how this document should be used, please refer to the Department of Health Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) position Statement on apps here.
Bowel Cancer – (iTunes/Google Play)
- Free ; useful app on bowel cancer prevention, screening and treatment
- CancerAid – Empowering cancer patients and carers (iTunes)
- CancerAid is a first-of-its kind tool that helps anyone diagnosed with cancer navigate through each stage of their cancer journey.
- The app brings patients and caregivers greater structure in their lives by providing them with an easy to use organisational platform and a medically reliable source of cancer information.
- “CancerAid allowed me to take control of my medical records and my life at the time I needed it the most” – Sarah, Sydney Australia
- BACKED BY INDUSTRY SPECIALISTS AND LEADING CANCER INSTITUTIONS
- Designed with input from over 300 cancer specialists, CancerAid is fast becoming the most comprehensive cancer resource and support platform available.
- Launching in reputable cancer hospitals worldwide, including the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, and with further leading institutions joining the app over the coming months, CancerAid will soon be a key component of cancer care for all patients and their caregivers.