KWIP Program Overview
- Develop a systematic approach to identify high-risk patients using hospital data and/or General Practice data.
- Provide a proactive and preventative approach to care for older people including access to regular GP appointments and/or increased time during appointments for quality interactions.
- Enhance the patient’s experience of care by keeping them well and independent at home.
Goals and objectives:
- To enrol a number of new and eligible patients into the care pathway.
- Provide patients with timely access to services in the right place at the right time.
- Ensure timely follow ups with each patient identified as ‘high risk of hospitalisation’ on a regular basis.
Education and workshops:
- Attend set education and training workshops throughout the duration of the program.
- To view previous training sessions please see SNHN’s aged care videos.
- All payments will go to the Practice, there will be a sign-on payment for joining, an activities payment and an outcomes payment.