Careers at SNPHN>
About the role:
This position will be a key member of the Commissioning and Partnerships team within the Sydney North Health Network. All members of this team will work in a collaborative and supportive manner to achieve the strategic objectives of the organisation.
This role will support and influence health commissioning across SNHN. Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, the Commissioning Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities to support the commissioning and delivery of health services required for SNHN to deliver its contracted commitments as a primary health network (PHN).
There will be a focus on the following National priority areas:
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
• Population Health
• Mental Health
• Drug and Alcohol
• Aged Care
• Chronic Disease
• eHealth/ digital health
The role is an interface between health service providers and SNHN and, working with the Commissioning Manager, will be required to commission services to meet SNHN’s local health targets. In addition, the role will also undertake activities in line with the Department of Health performance indicators of:
• Potentially preventable hospitalisations
• Childhood immunisation rates
• Cancer screening rates
• Mental health treatment rates
This will involve the identifying potential KPIs and monitoring performance of commissioned services to drive the continuous improvement of service delivery.
• Tertiary qualification in Health Sciences (or related)
• Experience in health service planning, health project delivery or health policy review and improvement.
• Expert written and oral presentation skills.
• Strong inter-personal skills, with the ability to participate in advisory bodies and influence senior stakeholders in strategic operations.
• Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
• Specialist knowledge and experience of commissioning including strong commercial contract management experience
• Persuasion and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of the primary health system in Australia, including its interaction with the acute care sector, as well as the challenges and opportunities
• Knowledge of Commonwealth Governments PHN reform agenda.
To apply: email Xanthe Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) and address the essential and desirable criteria for this role as contained in the attached Position Description.
Collaborative Commissioning Senior Project Officer
About the role:
The Senior Project Officer will support the development and implementation of the Collaborative Commissioning initiative in Northern Sydney, which aims to improve the way care is designed and delivered for particularly vulnerable groups in our community.
• An understanding of the Australian health system, including how healthcare is delivered, funded and managed in different settings through relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience in planning, program management and evaluation
• Ability to interpret and utilise data to draw insight and support arguments
• Excellent organisational skills and experience of delivering projects in a demanding professional environment with ability to work with deadlines and manage competing priorities
• Strong negotiation, relationship building and influencing skills.
• Project management skills.
• Demonstrated high level of communication skills, both written and oral.
• Knowledge of behaviour change and/or change management principles
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office and related applications.
• An ability to set priorities and act to achieve desired outcomes within the specified time frame.
• Knowledge and understanding of health service commissioning
To apply: Please send applications to Carolees email@example.com by COB Thursday 17th Sep. We are aiming for interviews between Fri 18th and Monday 19th Sep.
[contentblock id=1 img=gcb.png]