The Australian Government has announced that COVID-19 vaccinations for workers in aged care facilities is now mandatory, and they are required to have at least their first dose by 17th September 2021. The announcement has also stated that workers of any age will be eligible for Pfizer vaccines.
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination will apply to all people, including volunteers, working at a residential aged care facility who are responsible for resident care, support and services for residents, and maintenance and administration.
This includes nursing and personal care staff, allied health professionals, administration staff, kitchen, and cleaning, laundry and garden staff.
Access to vaccination is therefore a priority for this group. SNHN is seeking expressions of interest from GPs with Pfizer vaccine stock who can:
- offer in-reach clinics on-site at Residential Aged Care Facilities
- hold a number of priority appointments within your practice clinics.
Please complete an expression of interest here.
Facilities in the following suburbs have requested support from the PHN to coordinate priority access for their workers: Bayview, Chatswood, Collaroy, Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, Terrey Hills, Mosman, Normanhurst, North Manly, North Turramurra, Wahroonga, West Ryde.
The EOI link above specifies details of individual facilities and will be updated as required.
More information (including storage and transport)
For more information, please see:
- Wider storage and transportation conditions for Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine now approved (TGA media release)
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine product information (TGA): contains the most up-to-date storage and transport conditions
- Pfizer information pack: primary care roll-out (24 June)
Please contact Aya Alaouie: email@example.com | 0410 200 181