Sydney North Health Network are seeking Expressions of Interest from General Practitioners interested in the use of technology to assist patient management, to champion a new interactive platform. The Digital Health Guide is designed to assist health practitioners to recommend appropriate health applications to their patients, encouraging them to take an active role in their health and management of health conditions.
Many patients are already using apps, but until now it was difficult to know whether they are evidence based, reliable or accurate. The Digital Health Guide will give GPs, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals in Primary care the ability to consider these apps, discuss use of them with their patients and recommend the best apps. In addition, health practitioners will be able to rate the apps on the platform, enabling professional contribution to the apps peers may recommend.
About the program
SNHN has purchased the license for the Digital Health Guide to be available for all GPs, Nurses in general practice and Allied Health Professionals the work in Primary care in the Northern Sydney region. It is a web-based platform and does not require software installation. Each practitioner will receive a personal login, which can be used anywhere. The platform allows individuals to save preferred apps, as well as the ability to contribute to the evaluation /rating of apps.
The principles of the platform are:
- Bridging the digital divide – We’re trying to increase the trust of healthcare providers in good
digital health solutions by weeding out the bad ones. In doing so we aim to bridge the
growing digital divide between engaged patients and healthcare providers.
- The good and the bad – We don’t only want to review good digital health solutions, but the
bad ones too. Only by educating people on what should be avoided can we hope to drive
use of effective and proven solutions.
- You choose – We never seek to influence what people are doing. We provide quality data.
You choose what to use, based on what matters to you.
- Crowdsourced content – The next set of digital health solutions included will always come from
a crowdsourced view of what is missing, and what people are actually using.
- Regular new content – The digital health solutions market is changing at a rapid pace. We will
continue to add and update information on digital health solutions each week.
- Moderated reviews – All reviews are moderated to ensure that they are fair, non-emotive and
- CPD points will be applied.
What is required?
As a Technology Champion, you would be asked:
- to attend an information session Thursday 23rd May 6.30-8pm, at the SNHN offices in Chatswood. The platform is intuitive and does not require training.
- to register on the platform to receive a personal login
- to familiarise yourself with the platform,
- to introduce the Digital Health Guide to you colleagues.
- when attending any SNHN education events, you may be asked to introduce the platform to other health professionals.
To express your interest in this pilot program, please complete the Expression of Interest form below.