Sydney North Health Network is supporting a limited number of Registered Nurses working in Pharmacy in becoming Authorised Nurse Immunisers by completing the Course in Immunisation Practice in Primary Healthcare and the NSW Immunisation Endorsement Unit, delivered by the Benchmarque Group (RTO. 21824). The student will only need to contribute $150 towards the cost of this Benchmarque course.
Please note: If you would prefer to enrol in an Authorised Immuniser course with an alternative provider other than Benchmarque Group, please contact SNHN for potential scholarship options. In these instances, scholarship subsidies will be offered to the value of $300.
The Course in Immunisation Practice in Primary Healthcare is designed to provide students (registered nurses) with the specific knowledge and skills that will enable them to perform a range of comprehensive immunisation services and remain up-to-date with current programs, changes, and requirements relevant to their scope of practice.
- Registered Nurses (RN’s) working in Pharmacy within the SNHN region, who have not completed the Authorised Nurse Immuniser qualification.
- The RN should be ready to commence the course immediately once they receive their acceptance.
- The RN is required to complete the immunisation course successfully before the scheduled workshops.
- Recipients will be required to pay a total of $150.00 as a contribution to the course on enrolment.
- The applicant completes the ‘Expression of Interest‘ (EOI) form – link below.
- SNHN notifies Benchmarque of the successful applications.
- Benchmarque sends the successful applicant the online link to register for the course.
Please note, this course is non-transferable.
The Benchmarque Group‘s Immunisation Endorsement Program course involves 112 hours of online study and assessment in addition to a half–day workshop. The course is accredited by Health Education Services Australia (HESA) and conforms with the National Immunisation Education Framework for Health Professionals.
On completion of this program, the health professional will be able to:
- Understand the National, State or Territory Legislative Act relevant to immunisation practice within the jurisdiction they practice
- Apply fundamental elements of the legislation, standards and codes for the administration of vaccines
- Demonstrate knowledge of state or territory legislation relating to authorisation/endorsement
- Immunise independent of a medical officer
The first workshop component will be held over the next few months (dates will be provided closer to the time), with the expectations that students will have completed the required modules by this time.
The expectation is that this course will be completed within six months of enrolling.
Please note: Workplace observed practice is a mandatory requirement for this course, workplace practice must be observed by a medical practitioner, practice manager or practice nurse that performs the identified workplace tasks as part of their role. While Immunisation Endorsed Pharmacists may be able to observe certain activities, they are unable to act as an observer for activities outside of their scope (e.g, performing vaccination on children under 16 years). It is the student’s responsibility to arrange for a suitable observer for workplace activity.
Please visit The Benchmarque Group website to view required workplace activities: https://www.benchmarquegroup.com.au/workplace-activity-immunisation
Scholarship Expression of Interest Form
First round of scholarships now open! Applications close 1 July 2021
For more information, please contact Brooke Jay, Clinical Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.