SNHN is seeking expressions of interest from GPs, Practice Nurses, Credentialed Diabetes Educators & Allied Health Professionals who have a keen interest in the management of diabetes to join the Primary Care Diabetes Steering Group. This group will be supporting the implementation of the NSW Health Integrating Care for People with Diabetes: A Statewide Initiative for Diabetes Management in the Northern Sydney region.
This EOI is open to:
GPs, Practice Nurses, Credentialed Educators, Endocrinologists, Allied Health Professionals
- To lead the prioritisation and implementation of strategies to address identified needs / gaps in service provision in order to provide optimal diabetes management for the people of Northern Sydney;
- To develop streamlined diabetes pathways, referrals and services;
- To support people with diabetes or at risk of diabetes, their GPs, multi-disciplinary primary health professionals and NSLHD clinicians;
- To coordinate education for primary care healthcare professionals aligned with priorities for service development and
- To maintain quality improvement initiatives across all sectors of the LHD, monitoring implementation and indicators of success.
All members must practice within or work with the community within the SNHN catchment.
The Primary Care Diabetes Steering Group will include members representing different experience within the diabetes arena:
• General Practitioners
• Practice Nurses
• Endocrinologists (Northern Sydney Local Health District)
• Credentialed Diabetes Educators
• Allied Health Professionals
The steering group meets 4 times a year for approximately 1.5 hours. The dates of the next meetings are:
30th August 2023 3.00-4.30pm
29th November 2023 3.00-4.30pm
28th February 2024 3.00-4.30pm
29th May 2024 3.00-4.30pm
Members being paid to participate as a part of their employment will not be renumerated by SNHN.
- commit to attending quarterly meetings with apologies given, where possible, 1 week in advance
- ensure that knowledge is shared with the people or profession they are representing and routinely seek and provide feedback on issues discussed at meetings within agreed timeframes
- endeavour to operate based on consensus, however, where this is not possible the majority view will prevail
- adhere to the values of honesty, integrity, service, accountability, collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment
- declare any potential, perceived or actual conflicts of interest
If you are interested please email Jenny Hughes – firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Primary place of work:
Contact details: email: