Invitation to practices
Person Centred Medical Homes combine the traditional core values of family medicine – providing comprehensive, coordinated, integrated, quality care – that is easily accessible and based on an ongoing relationship between a person and their health care team.
Sydney North Health Network’s Person-Centred Care Program aims to assist practices to transition into Person Centred Medical Homes based on small step-by-step changes they choose to make.
Practices are invited to participate in a range of person-centred care initiatives, which will be offered throughout the year.
Potential practice benefits
- Access to education and resources for practice staff new to Person Centred Medical Homes
- Focused quality improvement practice tools
- Regular in-practice support
- Access to a network of local general practices who have previously or are currently participating in program
- Exclusive and enjoyable learning and development opportunities
- Increased efficiencies in preventive healthcare and chronic disease management
- Increased efficiencies in MBS item number billing
- Improved professional satisfaction
- Increased quality care for patients
General practice teams in the program are the primary decision makers and drivers of quality improvements within their practices. Sydney North Health Network can help facilitate and provide support for these improvements to take place. To get the most out of the program, it is anticipated that participating practices will strive to:
- make time for the implementation of quality improvement activities
- join in periodic training events (online and face-to-face)
- participate in regular in-practice meetings with their Primary Care Coordinator
- share experiences and ideas within practice and with other practices
- complete short practice surveys at commencement of program and at checkpoints across the year
Register your interest in being part of the program
Fill in the form below or email Cleo de Graaf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Practices will be asked to provide details of team members, who will be invited to complete a short pre-program practice survey (about 10 x minutes to complete).
The aim of the pre-program survey is to give practices a starting point. We will provide support with dissemination and completion of the survey, and then schedule a time to meet with the practice team to discuss the survey results and determine the practice’s top priorities for participating in the program.