Sydney North Health Network (SNHN) recently held an education session focusing on how to enhance participation of the eligible practice cohort in the national cancer screening programs (bowel, breast & cervical).
SNHN introduced the Cancer Prevention and Screening Quality Improvement Program last year, which is aimed at reinforcing the importance of preventive health measures and thereby reducing the incidence of cancer. In light of this aim, the following topics were covered in the webinar.
- Ideas and examples of quality improvement (QI) activities that can be carried out in general practices to increase patient participation in the national cancer screening programs
- Utilisation of Primary Sense reports in the QI activities
- Connecting the National Cancer Screening Register (NCSR) to the practice management software
- Using the NCSR to access and update screening information and ordering bowel cancer screening test kits
The recording of this webinar can be viewed here via our website. Below is a list of resources that were shared. The SNHN Cancer Prevention & Screening QI Program Guide is available on request.
- New Alcohol & smoking cessation modules within the CI NSW Toolkit
- NCSR registration instructions: https://www.ncsr.gov.au/information-for-healthcare-providers/healthcare-provider-forms-and-guides/clinical-information-system-registration-guide/
- Best Practice connection instructions: https://kb.bpsoftware.net/bppremier/saffron/ThirdPartyInterfaces/NCSR/UsingNCSR.htm
- Medical Director connection instructions: https://www.medicaldirector.com/help/#t=topics-clinical%2FNational_Cancer_Screening_Register_NCSR_Widget.htm&rhsearch=NCSR&rhhlterm=NCSR&rhsyns=%20
- Primary Sense: https://www.primarysense.org.au/resourcesandmanuals/videos
- GP Data Request Form: BreastScreen NSW
- Alternative Access to Bowel Home Test Kits https://www.health.gov.au/our-work/national-bowel-cancer-screening-program/alternative-access-to-bowel-screening-kits-for-healthcare-providers/guide