PROVIDER: Monash University
DATE: October 8, 2016 Saturday
VENUE: Lecture Theatre, Monash University, Notting Hill campus, Bldg 1, 270 Ferntree Gully Road, Notting Hill, VIC 3168
Due to the popularity and excellent feedback from the Mindfulness workshop held in 2015, we will be holding two Mindfulness workshops this year.
Mindfulness-based approaches have generated a great deal of clinical and research interest in recent years. Mindfulness is a generic skill involving training attention and attitude. It has a wide range of solutions to improving immunity, neuroplasticity, epigenetics, and enhanced clinical performance. This interactive workshop will explore the principles and application of mindfulness based practices for personal and professional use.
The Mindfulness workshop aims to increase awareness of the importance of stress and mental health problems and their effects on wellbeing, performance and leadership. It will also increase knowledge of the indications for and role of mindfulness in managing mental and physical illness.
- To increase knowledge of the indications for and role of mindfulness in managing mental and physical illness;
- To increase skills in the cognitive and practical aspects of mindfulness meditation and mindfulness-based stress management;
- To apply mindfulness to personal and professional life for the enhancement of wellbeing;
- To apply mindfulness to personal and professional life for the enhancement of leadership; and
- To apply mindfulness to personal and professional life for the enhancement of performance.
COST: Full rate: $150 plus GST, DGP Affiliate rate: $110 plus GST or Student rate: $80 plus GST
ENQUIRIES: Please contact email@example.com or phone 03 9902 4495
REGISTRATION: To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9902 4495