As of COB Friday 27th March 2020, BreastScreen NSW has temporarily suspended its routine breast screening in order to prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and the community and limit the transmission of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- Clients who had their appointment cancelled, or who become due for a mammogram during suspension, will be contacted by BreastScreen NSW at the resumption of service.
- BreastScreen NSW is not currently taking bookings, so breast screening reminders to women should be paused at this time.
- Result letters: All mammograms that have already been performed have been read. If the client has provided consent, you, as her nominated doctor, will receive a letter confirming their results.
- Assessments: All clients who have been recalled for assessment of a screen-detected abnormality will have completed assessment as of next week (week commencing 27th April 2020).
- Clients who reported symptoms at the time of their mammogram will have been directed to see their nominated doctor, as per the usual BreastScreen NSW process.
- Women experiencing breast symptoms during the suspension are directed to consult with their doctor or health worker for referral to a diagnostic service.
- BreastScreen NSW will provide regular updates through breastscreen.nsw.gov.au and their Facebook page, including when bookings and screenings will resume.