In response to influenza vaccine distribution enquiries, the Northern Sydney Public Health Unit has provided the following updates for general practice:
- Flu vaccines are being distributed as quickly as possible.
- All first orders are due to be delivered by Tuesday 12th April.
- Second orders are not being dispatched until all first orders have been completed.
- There is currently a limit on first and second orders of 200 doses.
- After all first orders have been distributed, Ministry of Health will review the need to increase this limit.
Children < 3:
- Fluquadri Jnr is only available in 5 dose packs.
- NSW has been allocated a limited number from the Commonwealth, therefore the limit of 1 x 5 dose pack per provider is necessary.
- After first orders of Fluquadri Jnr are distributed next week, the limit will be reviewed.
- Eligibility for Fluquadri Jnr is children aged 6 – 35 months with medical risk conditions and Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander children aged 6 – 35 months.
- Routine childhood orders (including DTPa and catch up) are on hold to facilitate flu distribution and will recommence next week.
- If an urgent order is required, please contact the vaccine centre on 1300 656 132 and they will send it out.