Uniting, a not-for-profit services and advocacy organisation, offers seniors gyms for people over the age of 60 who want to stay fit and healthy.
There are three gyms in Sydney, one of which is based locally in the Northern Suburbs – Uniting Chapman Close Chatswood, 2 Chapman Avenue, Chatswood.
The gyms are designed to be comfortable and friendly environments where caring staff are always on hand to support you on your fitness journey.
What they offer
- The support of accredited Exercise Physiologists and Fitness Specialists
- Group and individual exercise activities
- The chance to meet new people and have a chat
- Health and fitness checks
- One-to-one program evaluation every three months, to make sure your program continues to suit your needs and goals
- Advice and help with reducing your risk of long term health issues
- Disease management and assessment
- Flexible and affordable payment options
- Conveniently open five days per week.
Stay active and feel the difference
Regular exercise can do great things for your mind and body, helping to create a happier and healthier you:
- Control weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes and bone/joint problems
- Reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers
- Manage pain
- Maintain or increase joint movement
- Prevent falls and injuries
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Boost self-confidence.
How to make a referral
- Via My Aged Care (MAC)/ Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) – Uniting Seniors Gym Chatswood, service type – Allied Health – Exercise Physiology. To be eligible for CHSP the patient needs to be over 65 years of age and meet the CHSP eligibility criteria.
- Self-Funding Patients – Patients that are over 60 years and do not meet the CHSP eligibility criteria can be referred via 1800 200 422. Self-funding patients are eligible for Chronic Disease Management Plans – Exercise Physiology.
Enquiries: Please call 1800 486 484.
For more information on the gyms and membership options, please visit: https://uniting.org/our-services/for-adults/healthy-living/seniors-gyms