PROVIDER: APNA and Community Care Northern Beaches (CCNB).
DATE: Tuesday 9 August, 2016.
VENUE: Ku-ring-gai Libraries, Gordon, Meeting Room 2, corner Pacific Hwy and Park Ave.
Significant reform in the way aged care is funded and services are provided is being rolled out. Maria Melrose, CCNB’s Manager of Dementia and Ageing will be coming along to explain all the changes in the Aged Care system and the new way older people access the support they need. CCNB is a government funded, not for profit organisation offering aged, disability and health care advice and support across Northern Sydney. Working alongside people, helping them to navigate the disability, health and aged care systems. The presentation on aged care will cover:
- The introduction of ‘consumer directed care’ and what it means
- Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Australian Government ‘Home Care Packages – Levels 1-4’
- Australian Government My Aged Care portal and contact centre
- New aged care assessment and referral pathways
ENQUIRIES: For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION: To register now email your full name and any dietary needs to email@example.com.