T4DM study -Testosterone intervention in the prevention of diabetes in high risk men is a study looking to recruit men with pre-diabetes and a slightly lower than normal testosterone. The normal treatment for pre-diabetes is lifestyle change and the study investigates if adding testosterone treatment would make this standard treatment more effective.
The study would like to recruit men 50 – 74 years who:
- Do not have Type 2 Diabetes.
- A waist circumference 95cms or more.
- Are willing to participate in Weight Watchers.
- Are willing to be screened for blood glucose and testosterone levels.
- Are able to attend clinic visits at Concord Hospital, 11 times over a 2 year period.
For more CLICK HERE