The Northern Sydney Primary Health Network, operated by Sydney North Health Network (SNHN) is one of 31 Primary Health Networks (PHNs) established by the Australian Government with the following objectives:
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of health services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
- Improve coordination of care to ensure patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
SNHN would like to explore the use of innovative approaches to meet PHN strategic objectives and National priority areas to improve health outcomes of our local population.
The SNHN strategic priority objectives are:
- Building capacity in Primary Care – Enhancing GP and clinical leadership and supporting retention, development and growth of a contemporary Primary Healthcare workforce.
- Service Transformation – working together across the health system for the coordination of care and seamless transition.
- Commissioning – Working with the market to co-design, co-deliver and actively manage services to most effectively and efficiently meet the needs and improve outcomes with the resources available.
The Department of Health has specified the following National priorities for PHNs:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Aged Care
- Population Health
- Mental Health
- eHealth/ digital health
- Health workforce
SNHN would like to invite applications for Strategic Innovation Grants, through a ‘Request for Proposal’ process.
Applications for projects and/or services should demonstrate:
- Alignment with the strategic priorities of SNHN
- A current health need or service gap
- An opportunity to maximise stakeholder partnership and/or engagement
- Clear and measurable outcomes
- Alignment with SNHN core values
- Identified as being innovative
The benefits for SNHN include:
- Increased engagement and partnership opportunities
- Improved capacity and capability for commissioning
- Encouragement for local innovation
An information event relating to the Strategic Innovation Grants RFP will be held on:
Thursday 19th May at 6pm at the Sydney North Health Network Offices – Suite 1, 154 Pacific Highway St Leonards NSW.
To register for the event, or for further information regarding the Grants, please email Melinda Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
> DOWNLOAD WORD VERSION OF INNOVATION GRANTS APPLICATION
> DOWNLOAD PDF VERSION OF INNOVATION GRANTS APPLICATION