Sydney North Health Network has commissioned Parramatta Mission to provide Karrikin, a service for young people with, or at risk of, severe mental illness.
Karrikin is a mobile and assertive outreach mental health treatment service for people aged 12-25 years of age who are experiencing or are at risk of severe mental illness, such as those who are at high risk of developing psychosis, have an emerging borderline personality disorder, moderate to severe anxiety and emerging mood or eating disorders.
The service provides:
- Comprehensive mental state assessment
- Assertive Case Management
- Psychological Interventions
- Family inclusive Interventions
- Peer workers with lived experience
- Pathways to clinical mental health services (Drug and Alcohol, employment assistance and psychological support)
- Access to a team psychiatrist
The service will operate Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 8pm.
On The Line, an online and telephone counselling service delivered by trained mental health clinicians, will be available to provide after hours support for people registered with Karrikin.