Sydney North Health Network has commissioned Parramatta Mission to provide Warekila, a service for people with GP-diagnosed severe & complex mental illness.
Warekila is a mental health treatment service for people over 18 years old who are experiencing severe mental illness and related decreased level of function in everyday life, such as with work, family, or social engagement. This may include people with a psychotic illness such as bipolar disorder, or severe mood disorders such as anxiety and depression.
The service provides:
- Assessment of psychological, physical and social issues
- Case Management
- Recovery- focussed treatment
- Psychological interventions
- Family and carer support
- Support from peer workers with lived experience of mental illness
- Links to clinical mental health services (such as Drug and Alcohol, employment assistance and psychological support)
- Outreach options, allowing care to be provided in a location that suits each individual
The service operates Monday- Friday from 9am and 8pm, which provides people the opportunity to access the service around other commitments.
On The Line, an online and telephone counselling service delivered by trained mental health clinicians, will be available to provide after-hours support for people registered with Warekila.
Referrals can be made by contacting the service directly on (02) 9196 8700.
If you require assistance determining the most appropriate service for your patient, call the Mental Health Triage on 1300 782 391.