DATE: Tuesday 23 July 2019
TIME: 9.00am – approx. 1.00pm
VENUE: National Centre of Indigenous Excellence, 166 – 180 George St Redfern, NSW 2016
COST: No Cost (registration essential)
Promoting Participation in the National Cervical Screening Program to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Women – BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
This training is intended to further support healthcare providers to effectively promote the importance and benefits of cervical screening to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women and help them to understand the changes to the National Cervical Screening Program, which came into effect on 1 December 2017.
The training will be delivered through a half-day face to face workshop, followed by an online assessment through our online training portal, BenchmarqueIQ.
Who can come along:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Workers and Practitioners
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community leaders
- Healthcare providers, including non-clinical support staff
- Anyone working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Women to support the benefits of regular cervical screening.
Topics covered in this training include:
- What is Cervical Screening?
- Overview of the National Cervical Screening Program including the new Cervical Screening Test (what are the changes and why)
- Cervical Screening Test results – the follow-up and management
- Deliver and address the client’s needs, specifically related to the National Cervical Screening Program (NCSP)
- Promoting cervical screening and the importance of screening
Please note: This program is for women attendees only.
Also, this is not a clinical program and does not provide competency for the Cervical Screening Test (previously Pap Test).
Register early as places are limited and will fill quickly. Bookings are essential.
For any enquiries, contact Chelsea Jamieson at The Benchmarque Group:
Phone: 1300 855 568