Role – Project and Engagement Officer – Collaborative Commissioning
SNPHN Ltd t/a Sydney North Health Network (SNHN) works on behalf of the Commonwealth to improve health outcomes for patients by increasing the capability and capacity of the primary healthcare workforce to ensure patients receive the right care, in the right place at the right time.
The Project and Engagement Officer will contribute to the implementation of key projects within the Collaborative Commissioning Initiative in Northern Sydney, which aims to improve the way care is designed and delivered for vulnerable groups in our community.
The focus of this role is to work with general practice to drive engagement that relates to the following:
- enrolling GPs into a quality improvement program that targets hospital avoidance
- supporting GPs to use a population-based risk tool to identify at risk patients.
- Initiate, establish and maintain strong effective working relationships and communication with general practice to facilitate implementation and achievement of outcomes for primary care focused Collaborative Commissioning project areas.
- General Practitioners and other general practice staff are supported to manage change within their facilities and to develop their capacity and capability to deliver services that align to the strategic goal of the Collaborative Commissioning initiative
- Improve engagement between LHD clinicians and GPs
- Promote the benefits of the Collaborative Commissioning Initiative to general practice which is to improve care delivery for older people through the development of wrap-around services, enablers (data and education) and incentives for GPs.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary health related qualifications e.g., nursing, allied health, digital health, social service, health management or equivalent experience working in a primary care setting.
- Project management experience with ability to engage diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong demonstrated understanding of primary healthcare in an Australian setting.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills that fosters collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines
- Experience of working for a Not for Profit or government funded organisation.
- Knowledge of Australian Health Care Reform
- Knowledge of behaviour change/and or change management principles
- Certification of required tertiary qualifications and professional memberships as applicable.
- Current NSW drivers’ licence and access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle.
- National Police Clearance Check.
- Reference Checks (two) from past employers.
Some out of hours work on weekends or evenings may be required, for example, attendance at community forums or meetings, for which time off in lieu may be taken.
If this exciting new role is for you, please attach your covering letter addressing the essential and desired criteria is required together with an up-to-date CV detailing their relevant experience for the role.
Sydney North Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your application as soon as possible through this advertisement or send your application to email@example.com.