Digital health - My Health Record
My Health Record is a secure online summary of an individual’s health information and is available to all Australians. My Health Record will bring together health information such as medical conditions, medicines, allergies, and test results in one place.
My Health Record system benefits
- More time with patients
- Avoid adverse drug events
- Enhanced patient self-management
- Improvements in patient outcomes
- Reduce time gathering information
- Avoid duplication of services.
Access for Health Providers
Software Support & Training
The Australian Digital Health Agency has an On Demand Training portal for My Health Record where clinicians can access a demo version of their clinical software.
Software Guides can also be found for most leading vendors, include Medical Director, Best Practice, Genie.
Roles, responsibilities and policies
Before registering your organisation you will need to establish your team members’ roles and responsibilities.
While your registration is being processed:
- Establish policies and procedures to underpin your team’s use of My Health Record
- Train yourself and/or your team on how to use My Health Record
Contact the SNHN Digital Health Team for support: email@example.com or call (02) 9432 8250
Introduced in 2012, NASH is a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) solution used to access digital health services such as:
- Electronic prescribing
- My Health Record
- Secure messaging
- Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service
There is a national campaign to transition NASH SHA-1 certificate to SHA-2 certificate for stronger encryption. If you have not yet transitioned to NASH SHA-2, please contact SNHN Digital Health Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or your software vendor.
More details about NASH and transition from NASH SHA-1 to SHA-2 can be found here.
My Health Record and ePrescribing for Specialists
Wednesday 3 May 2023
My Health Record for Specialist Practice Managers
Friday 27 May 2022
Pathology eOrdering and My Health Record
Access for Consumers
Access My Health Record information on your mobile via the new my health app.
my health, is an Australian Digital Health Agency owned and managed app, and is the latest digital tool developed by the Agency to help consumers and their carers engage with and be proactive in managing their health. You can download from iOS and Android app stores by searching for “my health gov”.
my health provides easy access to key health information once it has been uploaded to My Health Record including:
- medicine information history
- pathology results, including COVID-19 test results
- proof of vaccination history and upcoming immunisations
- allergy and reactions information
- hospital discharge summaries
- advance care planning documents
Consumer explainer videos and education resources:
- Consumer video
- How to videos:
- What is in my health app?
- Finding COVID-19 test results?
- How to use the medical history timeline
- How to set up your my health app
- eLearning Modules
- Getting started with my health
- Exploring the my health home screen
- Finding COVID-19 and respiratory infection test results
- Using the medical history timeline
My Health Record is a safe and secure system that stores your health information. You can take further steps to control your privacy by limiting who has access to your record.
Guides on how to control your record can be found here.
Individuals can delegate access to nominated or authorised representatives.:
A Nominated Representative is a trusted person you have invited to help you manage your My Health Record. They might be a family member, close friend or carer.
An Authorised Representative manages the My Health Record of someone who cannot manage their own. This could be for their child under 14 years, or someone of any age who lacks the capacity to manage their own record. An authorised representative may be a parent, carer, family member, or someone with enduring power of attorney.