The administration of the ATAPS Program for both the Northern Sydney Medicare Local and the Sydney North Shore and Beaches Medicare Local were transferred to the newly established Northern Sydney Primary Health Network (operating as Sydney North Health Network) on 1 July 2015.
Sydney North Health Network (SNHN) will coordinate intake for ALL ATAPS referrals from 1st July 2015 for all GPs located in the NSML and Sydney North Shore and Beaches Medicare Local (SNSBML).
Additional information regarding catchments can be found at The Department of Health PHN map locator.
GPs who have conducted a mental health treatment plan and considered that ATAPS is the most suitable program for the client must:
1. Ring the ATAPS referral line 1300 782 391 for approval. It is preferable to ring at the time of the consultation.
Please have on hand the following details regarding the patient:
- Date of birth
- Residential postcode
- Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander status
- Name of the approved preferred Mental Health Professional (ATAPS provider)
2. A unique patient identification number (PIN) will be provided and must be entered into the referral form.
3. Patients are required to sign the referral form (bottom of page) showing their consent for sharing of this information with both the AHP and the SNPHN (de-identified information only)
4. The completed referral form and current mental health treatment plan must be faxed or securely emailed directly to the AHP.
Note: Referrals into the general ATAPS program are valid for six sessions. If further sessions are required the GP must review the case and contact the ATAPS referral line 1300 782 391 for a new Patient Identification Number.
Please have ready the patient’s original PIN or VS number if you are ringing for re-referral
Import Now Medical Director Templates Importing
Import Now Best Practice Templates Importing
Warning: Upload into Best Practice/Medical Director software before opening
Find a different Program
[contentblock id=1 img=gcb.png]