The Sydney North Shore Primary Health Network, The Gaimaragal Group & Northern Sydney Local Health District, Aboriginal Health Unit invite you to this unique interdisciplinary focus and dialogue to develop local solution as we build a stronger framework to supports our Indigenous youth.
As service providers we want to empower you to:
- understand trauma and its impact on individuals (such as children), families and communal groups
- create environments in which children feel physically, emotionally and culturally safe
- employ culturally competent staff and adopt practices that acknowledge and demonstrate respect for specific cultural backgrounds
- support victims/survivors of trauma to regain a sense of control over their daily lives and actively involve them in the healing journey
- share power and governance, including involving community members in the design and evaluation of programs
- integrate and coordinate care to meet children’s needs holistically
- support safe relationship building as a means of promoting healing and recovery.
Target Audience: Teachers, Health Professionals, Social Workers, Youth Workers, Mental Health Services, and interested community members of the Northern Sydney region.
Date: May 10 & 11, 2017
Time: 10-4pm (9:30am Tea & Coffee)
Venue: Mona Vale Golf Club, Golf Ave, Mona Vale NSW 2103
RSVP essential, as this is a catered event.
Enquiries: For more information call Susan Moylan-Coombs, mb: 0458025399 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org