The Sydney North Health Network (SNHN) works on behalf of the Commonwealth to improve health outcomes for patients by increasing the capability and capacity of the primary healthcare workforce to ensure patients receive the right care, in the right place at the right time.
Please click here to view the job description for this role
Primary Care Advancement Coordinator – Aged Care
Full time (with the option of going part time)
The Primary Care Advancement Coordinator (PCAC) is responsible for engaging with primary care providers and other relevant stakeholders, supporting them to improve patients’ outcomes and experience with the healthcare system.
You will work as part of a team of PCAC’s each of who work with the local providers in a defined geographical region and each with a different area of expertise.
- Allocated primary healthcare practices and providers are identified and their profiles accurately managed via the client relationship management (CRM) database.
- Allocated primary care practices and other health organisations are engaged with SNHN and receive value from the services provided.
- Allocated primary care practices are supported to develop their capacity and capability to deliver high quality, safe, evidence-based care to their communities.
- PCACs have productive working relationships with SNHN employees who have specialty roles in other areas, who will support the PCA team to meet their objectives
The ideal candidate has:
- Tertiary health related qualifications e.g. nursing, allied health, digital health or other social service etc. or equivalent experience working in a primary care setting
- Demonstrated success as a professional in a primary care setting (e.g. practice manager, aged care organisation) or liaising with practitioners i.e. acute care sector, e-Health/IT or pharmaceutical/medical/diagnostic sales
- Strong demonstrated understanding of primary healthcare in an Australian setting
- Sound knowledge of the aged care sector including aged care package structures and relevant reforms
- Relationship building and management skills
- Knowledge of or experience in implementing quality improvement methodologies
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Account management experience and/or demonstrable experience in delivery of services through establishing professional relationships.
- Knowledge of behaviour change and/or change management principles
- Academic detailing and/or facilitation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of health service commissioning
- Experience working for a Not for Profit or government funded organisation.
- Knowledge of Australian Health Care Reform.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in one or more of the Government’s key program priority areas.
A base salary commensurate with skills and experience
As a not-for-profit organisation, we also offer attractive salary packaging options
Initially the role will be for the period up to June 30, 2021 due to funding arrangements. You will require some flexibility in your work schedule to meet business needs which may require out of hours work.
Successful candidates will be required to consent to a National Criminal Record Check, Reference Checks, and potentially Working with Children Checks if a requirement of the role.
How to apply for this job
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Primary Care Advancement Coordinator – Aged Care application.
If you would like to know more about this role, please call, Deb Pallavicini, Primary Care Advancement Manager on (02) 9432 8250, or email: email@example.com
SNPHN may take the opportunity to progress applications prior to the nominated closing date where appropriate.
Sydney North Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.