This heavily subsidised blended learning workshop aims to increase health professionals’ skill and confidence in taking a detailed suicide history and developing a collaborative management plan to increase the safety of people planning suicide. Participants will recieve practical tools for health professionals managing the full spectrum of suicide risk presentations including the acute suicidal crisis, care after a suicide attempt and assisting families experiencing suicide bereavement.
Accreditation 6.5 CPD hours incl. 5.5 hrs Education Activity & 1 hr Reviewing Performance (RACGP & ACRRM)Mental Health CPD with GPMHSC (GPs) 6.5 hours CPD (psychologists) *All modules must be completed to gain CPD hours
Allied Health, GPs, Multi-disciplinary, Mental Health Nurse, Psychologists, Social Workers, Youth Workers, Other mental health professionals
- Suicide prevalence, stigma and culture
- Undertake a suicide risk assessment effectively
- Develop a collaborative safety planImplement a team approach to treatment planning
- Provide effective management following a suicide attempt
- Self-care and bereavement
- Undertake a suicide risk assessment effectively.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan.
- Implement a team approach to treatment planning.
- Provide effective management following a suicide attempt.