Each month we are highlighting a service we have commissioned. This month it is Odyssey House. A commissioned service is one in which we help plan local health services, with the aim of improving the health of people living within our operating region. We work collaboratively with stakeholders across the health and social care economy to set the strategic direction, drive service improvements and achieve system change.
Odyssey House Community Services offer a diverse range of non-residential programs for people over the age of 18 affected by the complexities of Alcohol and Other Drugs dependencies.
These Odyssey House services are free of charge to people residing within the Northern Sydney area. Sydney North PHN funds the services, including:
- Face-to-face and phone counselling, recovery group programs and specialised groups
- Support to those recovering from both from mental health and alcohol and other drug issues
- Services across the region in Chatswood, Avalon, Manly and Pymble
- Assessment, care planning and monitoring including case review, exit and after care plans
- Flexible and appropriate services for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Clients can self-refer or be referred by a local GP by phoning Odyssey House Community Services on 1800 397 739. On this number referrers or referees can talk with the assessment team about the services and program options available for their recovery journey.
For further information about Odyssey House services visit their website.