The Northern Beaches Hospital will have a GP Clinic next to the new emergency department. This will provide an option for people who need urgent care, but who don’t necessarily need to be treated in an emergency department.
Healthscope recognises the importance of bridging the gap between the hospital environment and community based care. There will be options for care in the home and in the community.
The hospital will be 9 stories high and includes a helipad.
The hospital will provide:
- 488 beds with room for expansion
- A large emergency department
- Critical care services including intensive care
- Medical and surgical services
- 14 operating theatres
- 2 cardiac catheter laboratories
- 4 procedure rooms
- Maternity, paediatrics, renal and cancer care specialists
- Ambulatory care (outpatient service)
- State of the art digital imaging and diagnostic services
- Mental health services
- 1400 car spaces
Further questions about the new hospital should be directed to: email@example.com.