Karrikin is a mobile and assertive outreach mental health treatment service for young people aged 12-25 years of age who are experiencing or are at risk of severe mental illness, such as those who are at high risk of developing psychosis, have an emerging borderline personality disorder, moderate to severe anxiety and emerging mood or eating disorders.
The service provides:
- Comprehensive mental state assessment
- Assertive Case Management
- Psychological Interventions
- Family inclusive Interventions
- Peer workers with lived experience
- Pathways to clinical mental health services (Drug and Alcohol, employment assistance and psychological support)
- Access to a team psychiatrist
The service will operate Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 8pm.
After hours support will be provided from On The Line, which is an online and telephone counselling service.
This is delivered by trained mental health clinicians who will be able to provide ongoing support after hours for young people registered with the Karrikin Service.
Toula Dellis, Clinical Lead Karrikin Youth and Adolescent Mental Health
Service Email: Karrikin.MentalHealth@parramattamission.org.au
Service Telephone: (02) 9196 8700