New resources are available for parents, students and health care providers to support uptake of the HPV (Human Papillomavirus) vaccine in school-based immunisation programs during the 2019 school year.
This new campaign targets social and online channels addressing the benefits and importance of receiving the HPV vaccine, discussing safety concerns and ensuring consent forms are signed and returned to schools.
The following communication materials have been developed and are hosted on the Department of Health’s immunisation website at health.gov.au/immunisation:
- HPV Vaccine – Educational video for Parents
- HPV Vaccine – Brochure for Parents
- HPV Vaccine – Personal Story video for Parents
- HPV Vaccine – Animation video for Students
- HPV Vaccine – Animation for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students
Health care providers:
- National HPV Vaccination Program Register – all records are now transferred and added to the Australian Immunisation Register (Jan 2019). The AIR accepts data on vaccines administered to people of all ages and providers are required to submit data to AIR for all administered vaccines, which now includes HPV. Information on notifying HPV doses is available HERE.