The National Shingles Vaccination Program will commence from 1 November 2016.
People eligible to receive the free shingles vaccine include:
- People aged 70 years of age as an ongoing program.
- People aged 71-79 years of age as a catch-up program until 31 October 2021.
People who are not eligible to receive the vaccine as part of the program can purchase the vaccine on the private market.
Providers should submit shingles vaccination data to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR), which commenced in September 2016, expanding upon the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) by capturing vaccines administered throughout a person’s life.
- Fact Sheet for vaccination providers, providing information on eligibility; co administration of the shingles vaccines with other vaccines; and how to report adverse events
- Brochure for consumers, including frequently asked questions
- Poster promoting the vaccine
- Poster promoting the vaccine – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Fact Sheet for vaccination providers regarding the newly expanded Australia Immunisation Register (AIR)