PROVIDER: Amaranth Foundation in conjunction with Charles Sturt University and Integrated Living
DATE: Friday 16 and Saturday 17 September 2016
VENUE: Royal Rehab, Dickson Conference Room, Ryde
“Mental illness in the terminally ill is under-diagnosed and under-treated. This is the “Treatment Gap” in palliative care.”
- Do you encounter people living with the impacts of advanced chronic and terminal illness in your work?
- Are you comfortable responding to their complex mental health and psychological needs? And the needs of their family and care givers?
Evidence shows that traditional mental health responses are not effective and many clinicians indicate they feel ill-equipped to respond in an effective and appropriate way.
If you’re a health care professional and you’d like to address the Treatment Gap for your patients, this course will give you the skills and confidence to:
- Work with people of all ages with advanced chronic and terminal illness to develop effective responses to meet their mental health needs
- Understand the impact disease trajectories have on mental health
- Screen and assess psychological and mental health problems
- Plan and deliver evidence-based therapeutic responses and evaluate the effectiveness of the interventions.
ENQUIRIES & REGISTRATION: Call 1800 70 10 22 or email Julianne.Whyte@amaranth.org.au.