This role will lead and manage the delivery of mental health and drug & alcohol initiatives across SNHN. The Mental Health Manager is responsible for developing and implementing approaches to support the integration and coordination of SNHN commissioned mental health and drug & alcohol services within the local region to better enable service access and best use of available resources.
The role is a key interface between health service providers and SNHN and is required to commission services to meet SNHN’s local health targets. This will involve the setting and monitoring of KPIs of commissioned services and driving the continuous improvement of service delivery.
• Bachelor of Health Sciences (or related) and post graduate qualifications or commensurate experience.
• Significant experience in health service planning, health project delivery or health policy review and improvement.
• Experience of working in the area of Mental Health and/or Alcohol & Other Drugs
• Expert written and oral presentation skills.
• Strong inter-personal skills, with the ability to participate in advisory bodies and influence senior stakeholders in strategic operations.
• Specialist knowledge and experience of commissioning including strong commercial contract management experience.
• Knowledge of Commonwealth Governments PHN reform agenda.