Are you frequently chasing discharge summaries? Tired of hunting for information about residents who arrive with no medical history?
My Health Record (MHR) is a secure online summary of an individual’s health information and is available to all Australians. It can help facilities to improve efficiencies and care for residents.
Sydney North Health Network is leading a digital health project to support aged care facilities to connect to and use My Health Record.
The project involves working with facility teams, GPs and allied health professionals to get connected to MHR and use it to save and share clinical information.
What are the benefits?
Navigating multiple systems can lead to wasted time and money, duplication, incomplete clinical information, and communication errors.
MHR helps overcome these problems, with all of an individual’s health information securely stored in one online summary. It contains:
- discharge summaries
- advance care directives
- medicines and dispense lists
- other important clinical event information
Regularly using MHR means:
- you can see residents’ discharge summaries and act on medication changes quickly
- less time on the phone chasing information from GPs, pharmacies and hospitals
- you know who else is involved in the resident’s care and can work with them as a team.
What is involved?
You will work with a dedicated project team to complete:
- IT set-up for MHR
- identifying where MHR can support your processes
- using MHR in daily operations
- experiencing the benefits
How can my facility participate?
If you are interested in participating or would like more information, please contact Mariska Barnett, Digital Health Project Manager at Sydney North Health Network:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 9432 8254
Read more about Sydney North Health Network:
Read more about secure messaging:
Read more about My Health Record: