Webinar link https://youtu.be/ws36CHoCLwI
Date: Wednesday 17 February
General Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals, NSLHD D&A and related services
|Dr John Smart – MBBS DRACOG RACGP FAChAM (RACP)
Dr Smart is a Foundation Fellow of the Chapter of Addiction Medicine and has dual interests in both Primary Care and Addiction Medicine.
Dr Chester Omana MB BS FRANZCP, Acc. Faculty of Addiction Psychiatry
Dr Omana is a Psychiatrist in Addiction Medicine at RNSH and Wesley Hospital, and Conjoint Lecturer at UNSW.
Resources and further information:
- RNSH Topiramate and Naltrexone Study (attached for linking)
- Slides (attached for linking)
- Referral Options – see slide 69
- Resources – see slides 70-71
- Further Reading
- Home detox – Supporting patients to overcome alcohol addiction (Australian Prescriber, 3 December 2018, author Chris Davis – General practitioner, East Sydney Doctors, Sydney)
- Guidelines for the treatment of alcohol problems (Australian Government) (sections 5-7)