DATE: 21 May 2019
TIME: 6:30am – 9:00pm (registration at 6:15pm, dinner served promptly at 6:30pm).
VENUE: Rydges Camperdown, 9 Missenden Rd, Camperdown, NSW 2050.
COST: This evening is free for NSW-practicing HBV s100 prescribers, and dinner will be provided.
This case discussion evening will be facilitated by Dr Ken Liu, a local specialist with expertise in hepatitis B, and will take place over an informal dinner.
Participants will discuss newly developed cases covering topics requested by GP prescribers, including hepatitis B in pregnancy. Attendees are also encouraged to submit their own cases for discussion.
This Update will also be run as a webinar which will commence at 7:00pm.
Dr Ken Liu, Staff Specialist Hepatologist at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
At the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease.
- Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment.
- Describe aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response.
- Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, and encourage compliance.
- List risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and appropriately manage or refer to specialist care appropriately.
Registrations close Tuesday, 14 May 2019
Webinar participants please email Michelle Kwok to register
For further details, contact:
T 02 8204 0723
To submit a case for discussion, contact:
Case submissions will be due by Tuesday, April 30th.