Sydney North Primary Health Network is now inviting organisations to apply as lead agency for headspace Brookvale and headspace Chatswood through a Request for Proposal Process, with services to commence from July 2018.
Aims of headspace centres
Sydney North Primary Health Network is looking to collaborate with suitably qualified organisations to:
- Support region specific, cross-sectoral collaborative approaches that includes mental health, primary care, alcohol and other drug, vocational and training services co-located to provide a youth focussed service
- Promote linkages with broader health services, to support integrated treatment and referral pathways
- Ensure targeted and culturally appropriate services for young people in the Sydney North Primary Health Network region.
- Deliver youth mild to moderate mental health services within a stepped care framework
- Adhere to the sixteen components of the headspace Model Integrity Framework (hMIF)
Closing date for submissions: 4:00pm on Friday the 23rd of March 2018.
To apply or for more information: CLICK HERE for the TenderLink portal. All applications must be received before 4:00pm on Friday the 23rd of March 2018 via TenderLink.
headspace Brookvale and headspace Chatswood- Request for Proposal Information Session
An information session will be held on Tuesday, 20th of February 2018 at 11:00am – 12.30pm and will take place in Sydney North Primary Health Network Training Room (Building B, Level 1, 207 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, 2065).
To register, please contact Phillip Stone, Commissioning Project Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service providers can keep up to date with our latest tenders by registering on our eTender Portal.
Registration is easy and free when you access the portal via SNPHN’s Tenderlink page, and it only takes a few minutes. Register here using the ‘Registration’ tab: https://www.tenderlink.com/snphn/
One of the benefits of registering is that the portal will send an email directly to you each time a new Tender application is released. You can then log in, and have direct access to download the associated documents. The portal can also be used to post questions and answers about specific tenders, with the responses available to other potential applicants so everyone has access to the same information.
Responses are lodged electronically via a secure eTender box, and you will receive electronic acknowledgement and receipt.
For Tenderlink technical support, please call 1800 233 533.