GP Mental Health Triage and Mental Health Forum
Sydney North Health Network’s (SNHN) Mental Health Triage is now live! The new services fit within a Stepped Care model, allowing people across the Northern Sydney region to access the right services at the right time.
The new services include:
- Low Intensity Mental Health Services
- Headspace services for Youth
- One to one Psychological services for underserviced groups
- Group psychological services for underserviced groups
- Psychological services for people of Chinese background
- Suicide Prevention Services
- Services for Youth with, or at risk of, Severe Mental Illness
- Services for people with Severe & Complex mental illness
- Services for Youth with Alcohol and Other Drugs misuse issues
- Services for Adults with Alcohol and Other Drug misuse issues
- Services for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, or Intersex people with Alcohol and Other Drug misuse issues
Click here for a more detailed description of each of the services.
For more information, including how to refer patients, see the SNPHN website.
Please click here for referral forms.
Mental Health Forum with Professor Ian Hickey
On the evening of Tuesday the 15th of August, SNPHN is holding a Mental Health Forum.
This is an opportunity for GPs to become more familiar with the Mental Health Triage and our newly commissioned Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) services. Service Providers will be holding information booths to give GPs the ability to speak with Providers and ask questions about the new services.
There will be a focus on Youth Mental Health, with presentations from Youth Mental Health and AOD Service Providers. Professor Ian Hickie, psychiatrist and prominent mental health campaigner, will deliver the key note address.
RACGP QI@CPD points have been awarded for this event. For further information on the event and how to register click here.