Date: Thursday, 4 March 2021
This webinar will be delivered in a 60-minute interactive workshop from 1:30pm – 2:30pm.
A tailored program sponsored by the NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation, for health professionals, consumers and carers with an interest in frailty.
Workshop Learning Objectives
During this workshop participants will:
- Gain awareness of strategies and key skills important for engaging patients and carers in shared decision-making
- Reflect upon difficult conversations with patients, families relevant to the aspects of the frailty spectrum
- Understand the importance of effective communication in promoting appropriate and effective care decisions and preventing non-beneficial care
- Gain awareness of the underpinning communication skills evidence and frameworks including eliciting perception and communicating risk
- Participate in large group experiential learning activities.
Who should attend?
Health professionals, patients and carers who would like to gain awareness of the role of skilled communication to inform appropriate and effective care decisions for people living with frailty or at high risk of becoming frail.