Sydney North Health Network is supporting a limited number of Registered Nurses working in General Practice to complete the Benchmarque Group Wound Management Pathway.
The Wound Management Pathway enables healthcare professionals to develop foundational knowledge and skills required to assess, manage and prevent wounds in primary healthcare.
The course attracts 38 hours of CPD:
- On-line content including assessment tasks
- a face-to-face half day workshop in October (date to be confirmed)
- a workplace observed practice assessment
SNHN is willing to fully subsidise a limited number of nurses the cost for this course, provided they complete the full course within 6 months of enrolment.
- Registered Nurses (RN’s) working in General Practice within the SNHN region
- SNHN region locate here https://sydneynorthhealthnetwork.org.au/about-us/our-region/
- The RN should be ready to commence the course immediately once they receive their acceptance
- The RN is required to complete the entire on-line course successfully before the scheduled workshops
Application process :
- The applicant completes the ‘Expression of Interest (EOI) form – link below.
- SNHN notifies participants and Benchmarque Group of the successful applications.
- Benchmarque Group sends the successful applicant the online link to register for the course.
Please note, this course is non-transferable.
Pathway Title: Wound Management Pathway
Cost: Free for successful applications (Usually $390.00). Fully subsidised by SNHN for those who successfully complete the entire Pathway.
NB: All successful applicants will be required to complete an agreement, stipulating that if the course is not completed in the prescribed period, the applicant will be charged the $390.00.
Delivery & Assessment:
- Approx 38 hours of active learning
- Online component and assessment completed via access IQ
- Half Day face to face workshop (held at Chatswood), activities assessed by a qualified assessor, workplace observed practice*
The first workshop component will be held in October (dates will be provided closer to the time), with the expectations that students will have completed the required modules by this time.
The expectation is that this course will be completed within six months of enrolling.
Workplace observed practice is a mandatory requirement for this course. The student must demonstrate that they have performed wound care management, including wound assessment, the health education, and the evaluation of a person’s wound care in the workplace on three wounds. This must be observed by a peer, meaning someone of the same or higher qualification Please note, this component can be completed in the workshop component (Wound Management: Advanced Practice) if required.
Application Expression of Interest Form
Click here to view and complete the EOI Form.
First round of applications now open! Applications close 9 August 2022
Street Address: Level 5, Tower 2, 475 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067,