- Are you passionate about healthcare?
- Have you had first hand experience with a health service that you thought could be improved?
- Do you want to make a difference to the local healthcare system?
A new Sydney North Health Network (SNHN) Community Council is now seeking individual expression of interest from members of the community who want to make a difference in local healthcare.
The SNHN Community Council will give users of health services, ‘health consumers’, an important voice in the area of local healthcare. Individual members of the Community Council will work together and in tandem with the SNHN Clinical Council (GP and Health Professional led). Together the two Councils will help inform the SNHN Board on local health matters, priorities and gaps to help shape local services and programs. The Community Council comprises of consumers, community representatives, and others with strong experience in the intersection of primary care and the community.
About Sydney North Health Network
SNHN is one of 31 Primary Health Networks (PHNs) established by the Australian Government to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of medical services for the community. Our focus is on patients who are at risk of poor health outcomes and we work to improve the coordination of their care so they receive the right care, in the right place at the right time. Better health outcomes for patients is achieved by working together with a network of health professionals including general practitioners, practice nurses, allied health providers, the Northern Sydney Local Health District and other health services. This partnership approach and community focus is reflected in our vision:
Achieving together – better health, better care.
About the SNHN Community Council
A Community Council Member will be:
- A health service consumer and not a health professional.
- A resident and/or work in the Sydney North region.
- Welcomed and accepted as part of a team in a partnership approach to improve health outcomes for residents.
- Given an equal opportunity to have their opinions heard, and will demonstrate an ability to listen, contribute and build on the ideas of others.
- Contributing both as an individual and as a voice for a Community who share the same values, interests, experiences and hopes.
- Provided with information and training to ensure they can contribute effectively.
- Acknowledged for their contribution with an attendance fee.
What is the commitment
The Councils meet every two months for two hours. Meetings are held on Mondays between 11-1pm four times a year and two joint evening meetings either in person at our Chatswood office or online.
Members are expected to review all pre-meeting documentation, be an active participant in meetings, and provide follow up feedback as required. Membership is for a period of one year for new appointments and two years for re-appointments.
Members are remunerated by the PHN for meeting attendance.
If members are otherwise salaried/remunerated by other organisations for their time on the Council, then no further remuneration from the PHN will apply.
How to Express Interest
To express your interest in becoming an individual member of the SNHN Community Council please complete the Expression of Interest form below.
The EOI will open from 19 July 2022 and close Monday, 5 September 2022 5:00PM (revised date).