Sydney North Health Network are seeking expressions of interest from general practices interested in participating in Lumos. Lumos is an ethically approved program that securely links encoded data from general practices to other health data in NSW including hospital admission, emergency department presentations, mortality data and other data sets within NSW Health. The collection of deidentified data and linkage of the data is done under strict governance processes.
Lumos has arisen from a four-year pilot project which linked the GP data of approximately 1 million patients across over 100 NSW general practices. It has shown that we can securely extract patient information from GPs, link it with other data collections across NSW and generate new insights while ensuring patient confidentiality.
Only de-identified data leaves the general practice. NSW Health and SNHN adhere to a rigorous set of protocols to ensure data linkage is conducted in a secure, privacy preserving manner.
Benefits for general practice
- Insights into the patient journey across healthcare services
- Support for data driven quality improvement
- Improve provider experience through greater collaboration between systems.
- Currently using CAT4 data extraction tool or willing to install
- Interested in your patients’ journey across the wider health system.
What do I need to do to participate in LUMOS?
- Complete the consent form which will be sent on receipt of EOI.
- Review the technical requirements which will be supplied by SNHN on receipt of EOI.
- Provide feedback to help us to meet your needs into the future.
If you are interested in participating in LUMOS please complete and submit the form below.