Do you want to be involved in a study that will improve your skills in the management of knee osteoarthritis (OA)?
The PARTNER project team would like to invite you to participate in trialing a new model of service delivery using evidence based non-surgical treatments.
Depending on the group allocated to you, you could benefit by:
- Access to RACGP Online training models updating the most recent evidence for non-surgical OA interventions;
- Patient support from a multidisciplinary team (Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists and Occupational Therapists) for 12 months;
- Free cdmNet software and training (chronic disease management software);
- Opportunity for 40 category 1 RACGP QI & CPD points;
- $500 per practice;
- $100 per participating GP.
Benefits to patients in the study include:
- Tailored, evidence-based support from a multidisciplinary team over a 12-month period;
- Telephone or email-based support including:
- Self-management education;
- Individualised exercise and strengthening program;
- Weight loss intervention (if required);
- Advice and support on OA management.
Practice eligibility criteria:
- Practices must have at least 1 GP willing to participate in the study;
- Must use a clinical software (Medical Director, Best Practice, ZedMed, Monet, Communicare and MedTech) compatible with cdmNet.
This study is a RCT funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council.