The aim of this Pilot is to identify enablers to practices accepting referred patients with addiction and mild to moderate complexity who are unable to afford gap payments, and the key components which support sustainable GP care.
Opening Date: Monday 21 November 2022
Closing Date: Monday 19 December 2022
Funding Amount: Up to $8000.00 excl. GST
Submission of EOI: Click here
Enquiries: Pat Simmonds – firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice Eligibility Criteria
- Practice and GP capacity to accept 5 new referred patients experiencing addiction. The decision to accept any patient remains at the discretion of the GP.
- A GP experienced in treating addiction and willing to include their practice nurse in the patient’s care.
- Practice willing to release the practice nurse for ½ day clinical training (remuneration available).
- Practice, GP, and practice nurse willing to share knowledge on improving care for people with addiction in general practice
- GP and PN access to paid Clinical Attachments with the NSLHD Drug and Alcohol Service
- Ongoing support via local online Addiction Medicine meetings and WhatsApp Group
- Remuneration for GPs and participating practices
|Proposed Date and Time|
|Opening date||Monday 21 November 2022|
|Expression of Interest submission closes||Monday 19 December 2022|
|Notification of EOI outcome||Wednesday 18 January 2022|
|Conclusion of Pilot||Wednesday 20 December 2023|