SNHN is seeking Expressions of Interest for the role of Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) GP Clinical Lead.
The SNHN AOD program is based on a harm reduction strategy as defined by the National Drug Strategy 2017 – 2026, and includes programs which advance the care in general practice of LGBTQI people.
We are seeking a person who is passionate about improving the care of people affected by alcohol and other drug misuse, with the capacity to provide guidance to the AOD team on achieving the program goals.
- Identify, develop, and deliver AOD related education for GPs
- Enhance capacity for alcohol screening and brief intervention
- Increase shared care and improve pathways between primary care and specialist drug and alcohol treatment services
- Increase Hepatitis C screening and treatment in general practice
- Full medical registration
- Medical Indemnity Insurance
- RACGP Membership
- Capacity to fulfill the role – approximately 120 hours per year, with flexibility to attend day and evening meetings/events
- An understanding of contemporary attitudes towards AOD treatment
- Harm reduction
- Trauma informed care
- Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with stakeholders
- Attendance at AOD Advisory Group Meetings 3 x per year
- Knowledge of referral pathways and treatment services in the region
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Remuneration As per the current SNHN hourly rate for doctors at contract commencement.
How to express interest
To express interest please complete the form below by 23 December 2021
Contact Pat Simmonds (Monday to Thursday) on 0409 242 068, or email email@example.com.