Sydney North Health Network (SNHN) is seeking expression of interest from GPs who are interested in completing a Supervised Clinical Attachment (SCA) with Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) Drug and Alcohol Services. Throughout the SCA you will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with Addiction Medicine Specialists and Addiction Psychiatrists in outpatient and inpatient settings. To be eligible, GPs must be open to participating in shared care arrangements with the support of Addiction Medicine Specialists and Addiction Psychiatrists. Patient suitability will be at the discretion of the GP.
Participating GPs will have access to:
- supervised clinical attachments with addiction medicine specialists and addiction psychiatrists at RNSH and Brookvale Community Health Centre
- a specialist network for ongoing support
- participation in GP Balint groups dedicated to peer support and confidential case discussion with colleagues
- mentoring by GPs experienced in treating substance use disorders
- ongoing education through Sydney North Health Network events
- AOD Education Updates from Sydney North Health Network
Payment: GPs will be remunerated at $159 per hour. If the clinic hours total slightly more than 10 hours e.g. 12, you will be paid the difference.
- Supervised clinical attachments are available at RNSH and Brookvale Community Health Centre
- Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Service (IDAS)
- Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Service (ODAS)
- Outpatient Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
CPD Points: 40 Category 1 CPD points by self-notification are available on completion of 10 hours of training and attend each of the above clinics. The clinics are generally between 3-4 hours. Category 2 points are not available; however, it is possible to complete less than 10 hours and not claim points.
Dates: Ongoing clinics are available from November 2019.