Sydney North Health Network (SNHN) is seeking expressions of interest from General Practices who would like to provide a placement for graduate nurses as part of a one-year Primary Care Nurse Transition Program.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Program has been specifically designed to provide the knowledge, skills, support, and guidance to new graduate nurses. This enables them to become professional primary health care nurses working for the needs of the individual and community in general practice settings. The new graduate will work in supported general practices and become part of a multidisciplinary team in primary care.
Qualified with a Bachelor of Nursing, and similarly to GP registrar training, these nurses will be employed by you for one year (similar, to GP registrar training). During the 12 months, they will become part of your vibrant primary health practice team.
They will be supported by your existing practice nurse while being supported, mentored, facilitated and educated by SNHN’s Nurse Transition Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator provides training resources, online educational material, networking opportunities and face-to-face education days.
These computer literate graduates come with energy and enthusiasm and with potential to become an asset to your practice. Helping you provide and gain the maximum in care coordination for your chronic disease patients, they can contribute to health checks, cycles of care and reviews that every eligible patient is entitled to.
Build your practice and deliver gold standard care by investing in a graduate practice nurse for year on year dividends.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR PRACTICE
This may include:
- Improving outcomes for patients with chronic disease, through higher utilisation of health assessments and health checks in cycles of care
- Improving data collection through clinical software and / or data collection tools
- Building teamwork
- Increasing the range of services available through fully utilising your nurse’s scope of practice
- Reducing waiting times through strategic use of appointments
- Improving integration with other healthcare providers
- Optimising practice income
To register your interest, fill in the form here and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.