- Full time opportunity for digital & face-to-face trainer and support officer
- Exciting new role promoting the digital health programs
- Innovative Not-for-Profit Primary Health Organisation
- Attractive Salary Packaging available
Sydney North Health Network (SNHN), is one of 31 Primary Health Networks (PHNs) established by the Australian Government to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of medical services for the community. Our focus is on patients who are at risk of poor health outcomes and we work to improve the coordination of their care so they receive the right care, in the right place at the right time. Better health outcomes for patients is achieved by working together with a network of health professionals including general practitioners, practice nurses, allied health providers, the Northern Sydney Local Health District and other health services. This partnership approach and community focus is reflected in our vision: Achieving together – better health, better care.
Digital Health Program Officer
The Digital Health Program Officer will engage with health care providers in both private and public settings, aged care providers and community organisations to fulfil on the outcomes of the SNHN Digital Health Programs.
- Attend nominated awareness and educational train the trainer sessions provided by The Australian Digital Health Agency
- Arrange, coordinate and deliver training to health care providers via different approaches, including classroom style meetings / sessions / webinars, and other relevant methods, across the PHN region, as required
- Provide face-to-face training to the health care providers on demand as required.
- Actively encourage health care providers to register for, access, and use, digital communication channels such as My Health Record and Secure Messaging Delivery.
Training delivery scope is as follows:
- General practice (GP) awareness, registration and use,
- Community pharmacy awareness, registration and use,
- Private specialist awareness, registration and use,
- Allied health awareness, registration and use,
- Aged care provider awareness, registration and use,
- Conduct surveys and interviews to support program delivery as requested
- Conduct stakeholder engagement forums to create awareness and identify providers who are most interested in becoming potential super-users and clinical champions of Digital Health systems for peer to peer education.
- Identify barriers to program implementation and contribute to the development of enablers to facilitate successful implementation.
- Conduct event support and administration
- Conduct meeting support and administration
The ideal candidate has:
- Ability to deliver training to a broad range of health professionals both in a face-to-face and digital training environment.
- Formal qualifications in a digital health technology or health related field or significant demonstrated experience within these fields.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian Primary Health care system.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of behaviour change/change management principles and or demonstrated ability to influence change.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, set project goals, prioritise tasks and troubleshoot, in order to achieve key objectives within designated timeframes.
- Commitment, adaptability and ability to persevere in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of national digital health strategies and the ability to apply these at the local level.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the area of information and communication technology within the primary health sector including secure messaging, clinical information systems, data extraction and analysis tools and the national My Health Record.
- Working knowledge of common primary care clinical software systems such as Medical Director & Best Practice.
- Understanding of relevant Australian State and Federal Government Digital Health agencies including the Australian Digital Health Agency, Healthcare Identifier Service, eBusiness, Department of Human Services, and eHealth NSW.
A base salary commensurate with skills and experience
As a not-for-profit organisation, we also offer attractive salary packaging options
This is a full-time role for the period up to 30th June, 2020 due to funding arrangements.
You will require some flexibility in your work schedule to meet business needs which may require some out of hours work – evenings and weekends, for example, attendance at forums or meetings. Some intrastate and / or interstate travel may be required.
Successful candidates will be required to consent to a National Criminal Record, Reference and potentially Working with Children Checks if a requirement of the role.
If this role if for you…Apply today! If you would like to know more about this role, please call, Eric Dunn, Digital Health Manager on (02)9432 8243, or email: email@example.com
Sydney North Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward you resume and cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria to the HR Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to view the job description for this role
SNPHN may take the opportunity to progress applications prior to the nominated closing date where appropriate.
Referrals are welcome!
Applications close: Friday 12th April 2019