The Community HealthPathways website is a new initiative from SNPHN that aims to support the local community with access to credible health information, including local services.
Community HealthPathways is a hub for health information, resources and topics based on the needs identified by the Northern Sydney community. Areas of focus include Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health; Aged Care; Alcohol and Other Drugs; Cancer; Carers Information; Chronic and Complex Conditions; Domestic Violence; End of Life Care; Family Services; Health and Wellbeing; Housing, Transport and Disability Services; Mental Health; Pregnancy and Childbirth; Sexual Health; Urgent Care; and Youth Health.
If you click on a health topic then information and services local to Northern Sydney in these health and wellbeing areas is displayed – such as locations, phone numbers, websites, and emails of specific services and if a GP referral is required.
This interactive website also has video tips on Getting the Best from your GP, highlights specific community health news and campaigns.
As well as being a community based interface from the clinical HealthPathways platform it includes features such as:
- Health Topics & Local Services
- Getting the best from your GP
- Links and resources to health news and local health campaigns
- Information on health topics from A-Z by interfacing with the Health Direct website
- Access via widgets to the National Health Services Directory and Symptom Checker
- Top tips from local GPs via short video instalments
You can access the website via www.communityhealthpathways.com.au