ABOUT THE ROLE:
Sydney North Health Network’s approach to the commissioning of health services is a process of:
- Assessment of the health needs of the region
- Procurement of services to meet identified needs
- Supporting organisations to deliver commissioned services
- Evaluation of services against desired health outcomes
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive Commissioning Coordinator to support commissioning activities and the delivery of high-quality health services in the Northern Sydney region. The successful applicant will have strong project management skills, the ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships, and excellent written and oral communication capabilities.
This position is a key member of the Commissioning & Integration team and will work in a collaborative and supportive manner to achieve the strategic objectives of the organisation.
Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, the Commissioning Coordinator will have key accountability in the following areas:
- Engaging and supporting relevant stakeholders
- Contributing to the identification of performance outcomes to measure impact of commissioned services on health outcomes
- Contributing to the development of contracts for commissioned services
- Coordinating activities, including development of plans, to support the achievement of commissioning intentions
- Working with other members of the Commissioning and Integration team to develop the internal capability and capacity of operating in a commissioning environment
To be successful in this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Health Sciences (or related)
- Experience in health service planning, health project delivery or health policy review and improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to participate in advisory bodies and influence senior stakeholders in strategic operations
- Expert written and oral presentation skills
- Specialist knowledge and experience of commissioning including strong commercial contract management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Persuasion and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the primary health system in Australia, including its interaction with the acute care sector, as well as the challenges and opportunities
- Knowledge of Commonwealth Governments PHN reform agenda
You will require some flexibility in your work schedule to meet business needs which may require out of hours work.
Successful candidates will be required to consent to a National Criminal Record, Reference and potentially Working with Children Checks if a requirement of the role.
Please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria contained in the Position Description to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Anna Pickles (email@example.com), Commissioning Manager.